DataTorque is a highly successful and fast-growing Wellington based IT company that has developed specialist software that helps emerging economies around the world collect taxes (or revenue) from their citizens. Founded in 1994, we have grown year after year, establishing long-term customers across the Asia Pacific region, Africa, the Caribbean and Europe. How we work today is a result of over a decade of providing mission-critical large-scale revenue management systems and e-business solutions. Longevity brings insight.
Our positioning statement
Our single-minded purpose is to help emerging economies around the world advance.
By combining our unique Kiwi ingenuity with our determination to succeed, we work together to create focused, practical and sustainable solutions that deliver fast returns. We are what we do!
The primary function of the Business Analyst/Consultant is to provide BA services to nominated projects and ensure our solutions are fit for purpose. Business Analyst will own the business requirements documents from defining client needs and leading the scoping of requirements through to delivery and client signoff. Business Analyst will also manage communications between the project team and the client relating to scope, clarifications, business requirements, mock-ups, and walkthroughs.
The role also involves collaboratively evolving the methodology for project delivery and implementing changes to enhance the robustness of solutions and ensure continued project success through risk mitigation.
Business Analyst needs to be process driven, and experienced at working with clients on discovery and scoping of project requirements. The role requires a skilled communicator both verbally and in writing who possesses a strong level of business acumen and professionalism and can demonstrate experience in working collaboratively in a team environment.
Skills & Experience
- Identify and effectively manage key relationships and stakeholders
- Clearly define and document client needs to enable high quality and client-responsive technical specifications to be developed efficiently
- Liaise with the development team as advisor to the technical specification process
- Review technical specifications to ensure the solution meets the requirements
- Assist with clarifications and explanations/walkthroughs with the client to ensure they understand the technical specifications and how they deliver to the business requirements
- Manage scope change throughout the SDLC in concert with the project managers
- Assist technical team with scope change requests including assessing impact on the project
- Assist test team with analysis and use case design for system testing
- Assist documentation team with user guides, online help, training material and other related user facing documentation deliverables
- Additionally, it would be great if Business Analyst has some experience in business case development including cost/benefit analyses and risk management
- We have an innovative culture, our office is dynamic, fast-moving full of high energy team players
- We have fun - we're a pretty easy-going team and work well in a fun environment that is going through an exciting time of growth
- We value open communication – Own it with Passion and have your say
- We celebrate individual differences - Be yourself, bring your own unique value
- We enjoy each other’s company with social events but we also promote life & work balance
If this sounds like you, we'd love you to introduce yourself
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, then send your CV and cover letter detailing why you think you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional information contact Diana on (04) 801 7758 ext 713